martes, 1 de septiembre de 2020

The First Wish

 

By José Ramos López
-     I want some tea - exclaimed the man

 

-   -    Are you going to spend your first wish on a tea? asked the genie of the bottle

 

-   -    Never in all my life has anyone served me tea, what would be wrong with it being my first wish? -

 

-   -    Well, I'll think about it  -said the genie-  no one had made such a ridiculous wish of me.

 

It happens that the genius of so much thinking fell asleep and when he came to wake up eight hundred years had passed and the man of desire, of course, was already well dead. But in these stories of the thousand and so many nights there is nothing impossible for geniuses. So the genie sought, found, and awoke the man, after which he said:

 

-   -    Your tea is served, Sir

 

-   -    Let's see -said the man- Who is the one who made the dumbest wish?

 

-   -    It's still just a tea -repaired the genius-

 

-   -    Ah said the man, and bringing me from the grave, does it count as an additional wish?

 

The genie realized that he had been duped. The man had obtained a free wish. Worse still, in a book by Salman Rushdie, the man had read that genius naps can last eight hundred or more years. He had also read Hawking, but better not to talk about that.

 

(c) 2020 José Ramos López
All Rights Reserved



No hay comentarios: